Studies show most Americans are on a diet. But which diets are safe? In this episode of the Joe Cannon Health podcast, I discuss 7 signs of an unhealthy diet. Are all diets the same? Are some worse than others? What if your diet makes you smell like ammonia? Is that healthy? What are their long term side effects? You may be surprised. Hopefully, this podcast will help you sort fact from fiction and point you toward a healthy way to lose weight.
The myth of the week – EPOC and weight loss
Seven Signs Your Diet is Hurting You
- You smell like ammonia
- Your hair starts falling out
- You become short-tempered/cranky around people
- Keto Flu
- You don't poop like you used to
- You lose weight FAST
- The biggest loser study
- You notice you are getting cold all the time
- You are too tired to exercise
Quote of the week
- The metabolism and energy transformations in healthy man during rest
- Effect of exercise intensity and duration on postexercise metabolism
- High-intensity interval exercise induces 24-h energy expenditure similar to traditional endurance exercise despite reduced time commitment.
- The Three-Month Effects of a Ketogenic Diet on Body Composition, Blood Parameters, and Performance Metrics in CrossFit Trainees: A Pilot Study
- Diet and hair loss: effects of nutrient deficiency and supplement use
- Role of dietary fiber and short-chain fatty acids in the colon.
- 6 Years after The Biggest Loser, Metabolism Is Slower and Weight Is Back Up
- Effects of a very low-calorie diet on weight, thyroid hormones and mood.
- Exercise Preserves Lean Mass and Performance during Severe Energy Deficit: The Role of Exercise Volume and Dietary Protein Content
- Preserving Healthy Muscle during Weight Loss.