I'm Joe Cannon. I have an MS degree in exercise science and a BS degree in chemistry and biology. I've been certified by the NSCA since the 1990s.
I've written for several publications including:
- The Journal of Strength and Conditioning
- Today's Dietitian
- Personal Fitness Professional
- Been a content consultant for Dateline NBC
- Been Quoted in the New York Times and Daily Beast
- Appeared on Fox 29 News
- Appeared on Canada's CTV
- Appeared on XM Radio
I've even lectured to NASA – yes, that NASA.
I am the author of the following books:
- Rhabdo: The Scary Side Effect Of Exercise You Need To Know About.
- Personal Fitness Training Beyond The Basics.
- 101 Personal Trainer Marketing Secrets.
- Personal Trainer Practice Test.
- Nutrition Essentials: A Guidebook for the Fitness Professional.
- Nutritional Supplements What Works and Why: A Review from A to Zinc – And Beyond.
I'm the author of the first book ever on rhabdomyolysis, a serious medical disorder that can be caused by over-exercising. I've been teaching about the dangers of rhabdo for over a decade.
I am the creator of SupplementClarity.com – science-based, easy to understand reviews on dietary supplements. I've been investigating dietary supplements since the 1990s. My site has hundreds of reviews – all 100% free.
For personalized consultations See this page for more info.