I'm Joe Cannon and I have an MS degree in exercise science and a BS degree in chemistry and biology. I've been certified by the NSCA since the 1990s.
I am the author of the following books:
- 101 Personal Trainer Marketing Secrets.
- Rhabdo: The Scary Side Effect Of Exercise You've Never Heard Of.
- Personal Fitness Training Beyond The Basics.
- Personal Trainer Practice Test.
- Nutrition Essentials: A Guidebook for the Fitness Professional.
- Nutritional Supplements What Works and Why: A Review from A to Zinc – And Beyond.
- The Personal Trainer's Big Book of Questions and Answers.
You can get any or all of these directly from me. They are on Amazon too but if you get them from me, you support my efforts to help others.
For over 10 years, I've been educating the public about rhabdomyolysis, a serious medical disorder that can be caused by over-exercising.
I've written for several publications including The Journal of Strength and Conditioning, Today's Dietitian, and Prevention, to name a few.
Since the 1990s I've been investigating the claims of dietary supplements to help people sort hype from facts. This eventually lead to the creation of my other website Supplement-Geek.com
Previously, Ive been on Fox News, been quoted in the New York Times and have been a content consultant for Dateline NBC.
For personalized consultations See this page for more info.